390 Pido Road
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 8:00AM TO 4:30PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: CLOSED
Peterborough Recycling Facility (MRF)
Services offered at this location:Blue Box Collection, Sorting and Processing
Industrial, Commercial & Institutional (ICI) Programs
ICI Drop Off
Serving the County of Peterborough & City of Peterborough
Blue Box Sorting & Processing
- Only proper Blue Boxes (14, 18, and 22- gal) should be used for setting recyclables to the curb.
- Sort materials into two (2) streams (see Materials list).
- Blue Boxes no greater than 22 kg (50 lb) in weight when full.
- Broken Blue Boxes exchanged free of charge if returned to City Hall or Material Recycling Facility.
- No free replacement for lost Blue Boxes.
- Recyclable materials are banned from garbage.
- Set out recycling no earlier than 7:00 pm the night before or no later than 7:00 am the morning of your collection.
Glass bottles and jars
Steel and aluminum cans, aluminum foil and pie plates
All plastic food and beverage containers
Styrofoam (no packing peanuts)
Milk cartons and Tetra paks
Newspapers, magazines, novels
Cardboard, boxboard, file folders
Office paper, envelopes
Paper coffee cups
For additional information, please refer to:
City of Peterborough website.
County of Peterborough website.
Household Hazardous Waste Depot (HHW)Location:
400 Pido Road, Peterborough, ON
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Paint (latex and oil based), vehicle batteries, drain cleaners, lighter fluid, turpentine, gasoline, used oil, poisons, bleach, medications, pesticides, cleaning fluids, antifreeze, full aerosol cans, computers, key boards, monitors, televisions, fluorescent light bulbs including the curly type.
Materials Not Accepted:
Pathological waste, Ammunition, Smoke detectors, PCBs, Radioactive waste, Explosives.
For your protection deliver toxics wrapped and labelled in your trunk. Do not mix materials. Identify all toxics.
For additional information, please refer to the City of Peterborough website.